~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kringle Frost

Wanted:
S*N*O*W

You can keep the real stuff! I'm looking for glitter snow... I think Kringle Frost here needs a little sparkle! :-)

*** Kringle Frost ***
~Keeper of the Forest~
Original Pattern & Design by The Cheswick Company

This was my first attempt at a dimensional pattern. I had visited the website of The Cheswick Company and fell head over heels over this little guy! Snowmen are a favorite of mine. Anyways... they offered just the pattern, or a kit. I went for the kit as the pattern called for wool felt (which I don't have any of)... and a few accent pieces that would take some time for me to find around here. One would be the tree branch. The one that came with the kit is of high quality and looks pretty darn real! The other item would be the lantern. Anyways, these little details are what really finished the piece off nicely... methinks. Oh... and from his steel shot weighted bottom to the tip of his top hat measures about 14" tall! So, he's sure to be seen all throughout this winter season!

I'm putting away all the pumpkins for another year... feeling the urge to get decorating for Christmas!!! I'm seeing evergreens, shiny ornaments, candy canes, santas, reindeer... and more snowmen!!!

Until next time... Stay healthy and keep on smiling!!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, it's hard not to get sucked into the Christmas spirit. I'm already collecting prim ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmy...you did an excellent job, Sharon! He is too cute! And, I love all the accessories that came with him...I think you did the right thing, getting the kit. He looks great!!! Did you name him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome fella! I think a little glitter snow would be perfect.
    Christmas ~ don't even want to think about it! I am just getting my Halloween put away today...lol! I just can't keep up.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon...you did a wonderful job on your snowman!! HIs is adorable! I think maybe a little glitter snow would be nice..but he looks really good the way he is! I am anxious to put away my autumn things away too... I just haven't had the time today..too much laundry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, you did a wonderful job on Kringle Frost. Looks marvelous!!! Little glitter would make him sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful snowman, I need to do some dolls myself.
    I think prim glitter would look great on it, even if you just put some on the pine boughs.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You scared me for a minute. I thought you fell on your head --- wanting real snow. So glad you meant "fake" snow. The snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mica would look mighty fine on your man!! If you need some just give me a holler!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super, super, super Sharon! He looks Great!! I always have a hard time gathering items to make something look good. the kit was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is gorgeous! I saw him on Kim's blogroll and had to visit and am so glad I did! You are wonderfully creative! Loved scrolling thru your posts so I just became a follower.
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so cute. Let the decorating begin
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...