~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Snow Days & Tomatoes

Yippeeeeeee! I'm a year older!!!! lol! I celebrated a Birthday yesterday and have plans to celebrate another one next year!!! lol! *grin*

It was a great day! It started with presents! The mailman brought me a package from my buddy Ginger over at PrimitivesByTheLightOfTheMoon! So much care was taken in wrapping everything!!!!

And, what was in each package was WONDERFUL!!! A Christmas embroidery pattern, vintage fabrics, gorgeous variegated dmc floss and a notepad...

And so many handmade items!!!! A wool covered notebook with strawberries appliqued on it, a quilted pillow tuck (in my favorite colors), a watermelon pinkeep (velvet ~ ohhh-la-la!) a pillow tuck stamped with a girl in her garden, a wooden painted sheep tag, a dress ornie and a beautiful house and flowers appliqued to a wool pillow!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE every stitch of these!!!! Thanks once again, Ginger! You really made my Birthday!

What else to do on a Birthday? Well... how about sit peacefully and stitch! Yep... the big band music went blasting on the stereo and a few hours later I had another one of the Snow Days blocks embroidered! This has to be my favorite so far! Maybe it's the General Store... or maybe it's the truck? I don't know... but I do like this design a bunch!

Snow Days Block #4
A Crabapple Hill design
Offered as a Block Of The Month by The Quilted Crow

Speaking of trucks.... and cars... we went to a couple of car shows too! Last week was at our local Outback Steakhouse. And, the following week was at a Chick-Fil-A that's about an hour from our house... well worth the trip! Lots of gorgeous and shiny classic cars on display! What's that? Do we have videos of these shows? Of course we do!!! These are short.... but a good sampling of what was there...



With Summer in full swing... we are finally getting a fireworks display of flowers in the garden! :-) Here's a couple of close ups...


And here are those tiny tomato plants I put in the garden way back in April. These buggers are pushing 6 ft. tall!!! There's tomatoes on them all right... quite a few... but none red to eat! I'm guessing maybe a couple more weeks?!?!?!?!?

Well... back to stitchin'! Next update should be a cross stitch that I started some time in March? lol! Yep... I'm going to finish my starts... before starting another...

I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer days! Keep smiling and stay healthy!

:-)

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    Nice to see your goodies on here, so i can see them full size, lots of beautiful things. I love that stitchery too, really nice scene. I need to try some of my sketches or local historic buildings and make them into stitcheries.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    And many more for years to come!
    Is the celebration going to last all week like Kathy's at Rugs of Mine...in Time? I hope so!

    Loved the classic car videos. How cool! I remember we had a few of those Chevys back in the old days. Shoulda kept the darn things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...that Ginger is awfully nice, isn't she!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!! Love that you had the day to do what you wanted. The snow days stitchery block looks GREAT!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers. My mom's plants are small, but have already yielded good tomatoes. They're not looking great either (the plants, not the tomatoes) but they tasted great! Love that plant with the pink in the leaves. What is that? And your flowers are pretty too. Great classic cars. Glad you enjoyed the shows. Ginger gave you a great gift too. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy birthday!!!
    Great goodies from Ginger.
    Love the colors of the coleus and those have to be the biggest tomato plants ever. Oh, to have a home grown, vine ripened tomato. YUMMO!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday there Sharon.
    I hope you had a great day. Really great goodies from Ginger!!

    cyndi
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good birthday! My everything looks so GREEN! You will be eating tomatoes in no time :) Love the newest block it just takes you back in time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you sure got a lot of goodies from Ginger! What a Beautiful package :) !!!!
    So glad you took the day and did things you enjoy. That is a lot of stitching you did. Great job!! the car show also looked like a lot of fun.. Continue your birthday a little longer, you deserve it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! What a great package! Your garden is beautiful. I can't get over the size of the tomatoes!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm running FAR behind on my blog commenting@!
    Your goodies from Ginger are wonderful! Wish I had the talent you girls have for stitching......
    Tomatoes on the vine...... you are going to have a bushel before too long with plants like that! YUM!
    Love those vintage cars and ditto what Pat said! We didn't appreciate them like we should've! It's great that so many are being restored and still being driven around!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday,,,what wonderful gifts!..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Sharon!!! I love all your gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHAT A POST TITLE!! Happy belated Birthday Sharon!! Such great family and friends born in July!! Sending you birthday wishes for the whole month!! Tomatoes.....yikes...you will be canning tomatoes for days once they start ripening! Are they the plants you and Joanne purchased in Kutztown??? Wonder how hers are doing!!! Sending love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, Sharon!! Sorry it's a day late! I love looking at all the goodies you received from Ginger...beautiful! I also LOVE the GTO....brings me back to those high school days and an old boyfried...he had a red GTO..with lots of get up and go(and also a few speeding tickets!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Sharon!!! Love all the goodies from Ginger, just a wonderful package of surprises. Your flowers look lovely and the tomatoes, my oh my. Hope you are enjoying the summer. Blessings, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sharon: I'm a new follower: Love your gorgeous prims from Ginger; esp that velvet watermelon!! you can make fried green tomatoes NOW in a lil' olive oil....slice, flour and egg them and cook a few min in the oil...add any kind of cheese and herbs. I add fresh lemon basil on topm, which is delicious!
    patti ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...