~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, April 9, 2011

I've Been Shopping...

When the chance arrives to grab something unique... I say "Go For It"! :-)

My first find was from Lori Rippey of HomeSpunPrimsByLori. She is always making so many beautiful items... and approximately once a season she updates her picture trail and offers some items for sale. When I seen Mr. Wabbit, I knew I had to have him! :-)

Betty Dekat of PrimitiveBettys is not only one of my most favorite cross stitch pattern designers... but she also makes items that are irresistible! So when it came time for her to update her Early Work Mercantile page.... I ran over there and quickly grabbed up this beautifully stitched Olde Strawberry Pinkeep which is resting on Mr. Wabbit's lap!

And yesterday... I was finally rewarded the opportunity to venture out to Hereford, PA and meet up with Joanne and Judy at The Cinnamon Stick! Had a great stroll around the shop and a lot of laughs!!! What a great way to spend a rainy day than with a couple of real kewl gals! :-)

I purchased some goodies... first up is a make-do Shutter Basket! Very unique! I have plans for this piece... a little bit of this and a little bit of that... I'll share pics when it's all done and hung up on the wall in my hooking room!

Next is this great Drying Screen... this one will also be hung on a wall in my sewing room... and, once again, there will be some touches added... it's fun to find unique stuff and then personalize it with some goodies here and there... right now I just placed the two pieces of fabric I purchased just for the purpose of this pic. I have plans for the fabric too!

Lastly, is this primitive bunny named "Sage" She was "Handmade In Ohio" though I did not see the artists name on it anywhere... but, she is stitched wonderfully, aged just right and has a solid weight to her! So cute!

You will notice all of these items from The Cinnamon Stick have great tags on them... Judy is always taking that extra bit of time to present the items in her store "just right". There is even delicious snacks about the store. Visit her blog, The Spice Cupboard to find a recipe for a really yummy dip! Heck, visit the store itself to meet Judy and see all the great variety of items she offers!!! I personally guarantee you will find something "just right" for your home!

Joanne and I also visited an antique mall... lots of stuff in there... but, nothing came home with me... I did find this neat RCA sign... I did not know RCA made telephone systems too...

And, here's a quick update on "Cat Trick's". I'm thinking that my camera is getting a bit tired. I really should borrow my hubby's camera to get a clear pic of all these tiny stitches... maybe when the piece has been finished into the pillow tuck it is meant to be...

Enjoy your weekend! Hopefully you have some sunshine and daffydils and tulips to smile at!




11 comments:

  1. What a great way to spend the day, Sharon. Always fun shopping with good friends. I love all your great buys. Can't wait to see what you do with the shutter basket. Such a unique piece!! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You picked up some really great and fun items! Can't wait to see how you use the drying rack and the shutter basket. Mr. Wabbit is darling and, I agree, Betty does lovely patterns. Sage is darn cute! Your 'cat tricks' is coming right along and looking great (though very small). Glad you had a great day out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are busting a move on that cat tricks - so adorable and cool! Oh my - when I helped carry out your packages from Judy I put some of those items in the wrong car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great fun day. I'm sure shoping with Joanne is really fun and a lot of laugh's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new goodies! I would love to go shopping with ya sometime. I know it would be fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great day for you Sharon! Love your finds. And I look forward to your finishing touches on them. Please post when they are done! I was in Judy's store just once, and it was great. I look forward to going back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "wabbits", Sharon! Betty is an awesome designer. I have a few of of patterns that I have stitched up myself! Lori's dolls are just gorgeouss! I have a "Rippey Corner" in my living room dedicated to her dolls! It
    is so much fun to shop!! Nice that you have a good friend to enjoy your day with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon ~
    Great new treasures! I bet spending a day with Joanne is non-stop laughs!
    Your cross stitch piece is very cool!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful treasures! It was a spring day we needed it so much.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm green with envy here...you've found some wonderful new treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always you are too sweet - It was a few hours of fun with you and Joanne and wished I could have gone to lunch and MORE shopping with you - next visit I will make some arrangements...I can always get help on a Friday afternoon...WOOHOO!! Glad you are happy with your goodies...XO, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...