~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Monday, April 18, 2011

Cat Tricks

I did it! Through the marvels of a very bright light and pot after pot of coffee... not only did I complete all of the stitching... but I finished it into a pillow too! The scalloped edges were part of the original design. They are cut from an antique black piece of wool and whip stitched with a black/grey variegated Valdani pearl cotton. The back is the same antique black wool. All firmly stuffed with wool snippets. This finished up to about 5" x 4.5"

As I mentioned back here... this is a gift for somebody... they don't know to expect it, so I can show it here... I hope to be mailing it out next week... :-)

"Cat Tricks"
a pattern by
Brenda Gervais of Country Stitches

Being as I had my sewing machine out... I went ahead and finished this Peace wool applique pillow today too. It's backed with the cotton that was supplied in the kit... and stuffed with wool snippets for a good firm, lumpy feel! :-)

"Peace"
a design by
Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings

So which direction to head now?

I have another cross stitch already started... 3 blocks of the Snow Days quilt to catch up on... 1 block of the Wisdom House quilt to catch up on... an Autumn wool BOM that I haven't started yet... sure would be nice to try another punch needle piece... I'm going to stop the list right here... before I embarrass myself... lol! ;-)


14 comments:

  1. I LOVE them both! See what a few pots of coffee can do! LOL!
    I am still laughing at the cat stuffing the other into the USPS flat rate box!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your Cat Tricks came out - looks absolutely flawless and so cool! Wow and finishing a pillow - you've been busy! I can't image what you will get into next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes. I love them both. Good idea to use the snippets as filler. I always think I should save them but end up throwing them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both wonderful pieces and of course kitties are always a great design for anything. I should make some smaller wool pieces, great way to use up the scrap pieces too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such darling pieces you have finished! I firmly believe you should have more than one project going at a time! Looks like your getting quite a bit done in so many different projects. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finishes!!

    Enjoy your day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've finished two great pieces there. The cat is so cute. I love Halloween things. I'm inspired by your lovely applique--I need to work on another applique piece. But, like you, I have too many projects in the works!
    Happy stitching!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sharon, just beautiful! Love your stitching. Someone is going to be very happy when they get that in the mail!!
    Great assortment of items you are working on. You can't say you are bored, that's for sure! Stitch by stitch, loop by loop, they will all get done :) Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on a roll...don't stop now...!!! Really nice work Sharon - lucky friend who gets the pumpkin kitty!! XO, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful your cat turned out so nice. Glad I stopped by today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon ~
    Both finishes are beautiful!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believe all those itty-bitty cross stitches!!! It is an awesome piece! And, please...make us a list of your works in progress...it might make mine seem more manageable...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the projects. I especially like Brenda Gervais cat pumpkin, would love to enlarge that and hook it.
    Sounds like you have plenty of projects to keep you busy. I look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...