~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Spring!

Just a quick little update... I've been keeping pretty busy with all of these BOM's that I have signed on to! Trying to fit in stitching time with all the other life stuff's is getting to be difficult... but I am determined! lol! ;-)

As you may have remembered... the whole reasoning behind me signing on for BOM's is so I can try something new without going into total information overload. Well, it seems I'm still a bit too chicken to jump right in with a few of these new techniques... which is what is taking me awhile to get the ball rolling here... *blush*

The BOM I am specifically referring to is the "Snow Days" quilt from Crabapple Hill. I promised Jacque that I would enjoy the process of making this fabulously embroidery intensive quilt right along with her... ya' know... like a support group. Well, if you read Jacque's blog, you will know that she is way ahead of me... but, I will be catching up soon! ;-)


Here's the progress I have on Block #1. Since the entire amount of Kona (the background fabric) was included in the first block's shipment... I went ahead and cut all the squares to be embroidered. Also, cut the muslin, which is doubled up with the Kona on all of the embroidery blocks. Now, with the (fear of) cutting my fabric behind me, I went ahead and traced off the first design (using a brown Pigma Micron pen)... and then started stitching away! I have to tell you that this Cosmo Seasons thread is like a drug!!!! *grin* Once I started using it, I just simply could not stop! It glides through the fabric with ease (no knotting) and the coloring is simply dreamy!

I'm so very much looking forward to the next time I can sit down and stitch!

Gotta go now... gotta get ready to go to work... 'cuz I hafta makes more monies... to buys me more of that THREAD!!! lol!

Have a glorious day!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you Sharon!! That is a lot of stitching you are doing. Looks great so far! Dive in and stitch away. You will do wonderful work... Can't wait to see more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt has completely peaked my interest. Show us more. Is that photo just one block?? I'm a teeny bit confused. (What else is new, right!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a masterpiece is in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying watching you and Jacque work on your projects. You both are such a inspiration. I want to do the Halloween one that will be coming out after the quilt show in May I think it is, but I am pretty afraid at this point. I will keep watching you two incredible quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks like a great start on all the embroidery! It's going to be an amazing quilt when your finished.
    Happy Spring to YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knew thread would have that effect on you! You go girl! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love following the progress you and Jacque are making on this project!! Can't wait to see more the entire thing!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! Sharon, I told you it would be fun...hahahaha! I KNOW...that floss is a dream to work with. What you've worked so far looks really great! I am lovin' how the variegated floss looks. And, I'm so happy that you decided to do this...and that you like it. And, everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...