~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Three Whole Days

Well... two and half really... I spent the morning getting some chicken soup simmering on the stove and some brownies baking in the oven. Now will be the time I start with sewing, hooking, punching and crocheting!!! Yep... I have big creative aspirations for this three day weekend! I'll check back with you all on Monday with some progress pictures and details...

Until then... this is a picture of the Simplify pillow I made for our Winter Cheer Swap with AAPG on eBay. Rebecca Lindquist supplied some designs with the Simplify theme and we were to create a little something for our partner using any medium we were comfortable with. So, I stitched this with DMC threads on prairie cloth and added some wool pennies for the flowers.

Whether it be cold, warm, sunny, windy, rainy or snowy... enjoy your weekend!!!

9 comments:

  1. Sharon...I hope you get a lot accomplished! Already, the soup and brownies is a great start! (I'll be right over.) Really looking forward to seeing what you get accomplished! I am on my way to my lqs for a tracing pen. You know what for. {grin} Have a great weekend plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, yet homey and sweet!! Well done. I love all penny rug stuff.
    Enjoy your three day!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your simplify pillow. Very sweet! Can't wait to see what you are doing.. I know you are not sitting here reading these responses. You are busy, busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like our weekend plans are similar. I love the simplify pillow. I have seen several of the simplify swap designs on some blogs. So cute. Yumm, brownies - I think I have a mix in the cupboard. Maybe tomorrow morning my house will smell like brownies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little pillow!
    Have a great weekend of creativity!!!
    Can't wait to see the results.
    Soup and brownies, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little pillow....looking forward to see what else you have been up to. Soup sounds very fitting on a cold wintery day such as this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon ~
    Looking forward to all your creative endeavors. Please share them soon! The simplify pillow is very sweet.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh sounds like a perfect way to spend a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun woman! Updates of your days please! Don't you just love found time! Sounds like you are a busy bee from reading Jacques blog! Wowzer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...