~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fun Week!

Last week was pretty durn kewl! The only complaint I have is that my camera kept staying back at my house! LOL! Yep... goes to show ya'... I really don't get out much! ;-)

Wednesday was the day that I finally made a trip out to Hereford, PA to meet up with Joanne at the Cinnamon Stick! I've been following Judy's blog for some time now and it was always fun to read what's going on there and see what goodies are being stocked in her shop... but to talk with Judy in person and actually be in the shop? So much better! If there is anybody that's been thinking about making a trip out there... hesitate no longer! You will have so much FUN!

Here's a quick picture of a couple of the goodies that had to come home with me...


I've always wanted one of these old wooden carriers. And, this one was in fantastic condition with just the right amount of worn paint on it. I'm still making what I will display in it, so look for some more pics of it in the near future. The other thing that caught my eye was an old wooden drawer! Was it the glass knob? Who knows... but I brought it home with me and now it is being used as my napkin holder on my dining room table! LOL! And, last but not least, is a little pumpkin make-do! A gal can never have too many pumpkins! :-)

Oh! And right next door to the Cinnamon Stick is a store called Homespun! This store is filled wall to wall with hand dyed woolens, quilting cottons, homespun, prairie cloth, weaver's cloth... *insert deep breath here*... rug hooking patterns, needle punch patterns, books and completed wooly projects... eye candy! I wanted to take it all home with me! :-)

The next great day of last week was Friday. Our local rug hooking guild had a regular meeting. The whole reason why I wanted to go was because everyone was to bring their rug projects from the summer. There were so very many gorgeous rugs!!!! And I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera... I can give you the link to the guild's website... hcrag.com I'm not sure if they will be posting pictures of the rugs that were at the meeting... but, there are plenty of rugs to look at there!

I did also get in some hooking and stitching time. Though, did not really get far enough to post pictures of an update. Hopefully next week will bring a good progress report on the rug at least! 

For everyone that is in the area of Kutztown, PA and enjoys antique radios... this coming weekend is a super great radio show on the grounds of Renninger's. Finished radios, project radios, parts and tubes galore!!!! This event is also along with the regulars in the Renninger's Antique Mall and Farmer's Market. That way, when you finish with the radios, you can buy some antiques, fresh meats and produce, and some fall mums, corn stalks and pumpkins too! So, fill the tank on your biggest vehicle and drive out for a fun day! :-)

I'll be talkin' with ya' soon! Have a great week!



10 comments:

  1. Really great finds Sharon! Can't wait to see what you are making for your old carrier. Love the look of the pumpkin on the spool. And that's a great idea for the old drawer. Sounds like a super fun place to go with two yummy shops next door to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair! I wanna go too!!
    I had no idea you were so close to Joannes place.... If I had known, I'd have packed myself in the box and shipped it!!
    By the way, Your package is in route!
    Love the carrier!
    Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea on the drawer Sharon - who'd a thought - a napkin holder! Hope you can come out to play again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you brought home Sharon! The drawer makes a great napkin holder! That carrier and pin cushion are awesome too...
    So glad you enjoyed yourself. Hope you make the time to go back again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your treasures. I can't wait to see what you do with that gorgeous carrier. And such a clever girl to put napkins in an old drawer!! I would have never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon~ Sounds like you had a great time, I love doing stuff like that!!! I like what you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is GREAT now to picture your PRETTY face instead of a "moosehead" when I read your comments!!! Meeting you FINALLY was my pleasure!XOXO, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that does sound like a great place to visit...glad you had the opportunity to do it. Great pieces you came home with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to spend the day..shopping with Joanne at what looks like a super awesome shop. Love your finds that came home with you. Can't wait to see what you put in your carrier. Enjoy your weekend at the radio show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, can't wait to see what you put in the wooden carrier! I would love to see the new "napkin holder" also... I am sooooo jealous!! LOL Good for you! :-) Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...