~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A quick hello...

I've been keeping busy with hooking that big rug, stitching a Halloween cross stitch and trying to get my lawn back to some sort of green this past week. :-) Yes, we are finally having some rain today.... but I'm hoping that it will rain more and for a few days more. Without rain, the Autumn display of color won't be as vibrant... and I'm looking forward to Autumn more so this year than any other year before...

I did receive a wonderful package of goodies in the mail last week! These are all from Kelley. She does some wonderful handwork! The quilt is all hand pieced and hand quilted and the colors are so soft and prim. I have it displayed on the back of my favorite relaxing chair. The Harvest needlepunch has a beautiful deep blue and black background that makes the pumpkin and sunflower just pop right out at you! And, to keep me hooking and stitching... she sent along some wool and cotton... Thanks so much, Kelley! I love it all!

Hopefully this week I will be updating here with some pictures of the rug progress, a shawl that I crocheted and a completed Halloween cross stitch.

Stay tuned...

8 comments:

  1. ohmygosh, Sharon...lucky you to receive a package from Kelley! That quilt is so flippin' gorgeous...and all hand done! Gotta love the Kelley Girl! The needlepunch, too...totally awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you've been working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little package to receive. I love that patchwork quilt. Kelley does lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why a rainy sunday hello to you too! Great loot from kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,
    Great goodies from Kelley! Love everything. Can't wait to see your big rug, cross stitch and shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling quilt, love the colors! Kelley does really nice work. Her punchneedle is wonderful. Can't wait to see the shawl and cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for becoming a follower. I took a look back at your posts and you have an amazing talent for just about anything. I too am working an a large rug and am a bit stuck on a color. I would love to see your whole rug.
    I am going to become a follower I don't want to miss a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great goodies you received from Kelley!
    I, too, am looking forward to seeing your latest creations.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...