~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Friday, July 30, 2010

With One Day Left...

... of July... I'm squeezing in my "Christmas in July" in the "Nick" of time! ;-) Oh yah... It's been so HOT here this Summer my brain got a little warped! LOL!

So, just like the last post stated... I was in front of the air conditioner stitching away on a project for cooler months. Last year, Stacy Nash had hosted a class during the Country Sampler's Boxwood & Berries. As much I totally would have loved to have attended the class in person... Wisconsin and New Jersey are a few miles apart, you know? Lucky for me, when Stacy Nash returned home she posted a few of the leftover kits on eBay... and, I was able to purchase one before they quickly sold out! 

The kit arrived with a prim fabric covered box filled with four sets of instructions, the linen to stitch them on, and beautiful pictures of what the finished pieces should look like. One was for the sampler that is sewed to the top of the box, two were for the ornies and one was for the pinkeep. Beautiful colors in these pieces that were an absolute pleasure to stitch up! 

Here is a picture of the finished sampler stitched on to the top of the fabric covered box...

A closer view of what the sampler looks like...

And, here are the two ornies and the pinkeep. The pinkeep was stuffed with cotton as I will more than likely place it in a bowl with some evergreen potpourri during the Christmas season. The ornies will definitely be on the tree this year!
That's about what I have been doing the past couple of weeks. Had a few nice days where I was actually able to go outside for longer than five minutes without melting down to a puddle on the pavement... it was nice to spend some time in the yard admiring the flowers and feeling a cooler breeze against my skin! Today is pretty nice too! Might just grab a cup of coffee and read a bit out on the back patio...

I wish you all happiness and contentment in the greatness that life has to offer!

Thank you for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. I think Stacy Nash has the nicest sampler patterns! I used to stitch some but rug hooking has consumed all my time these days! Nice job on your stitching........the finished product is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, nice sampler! Like the pinkeep and ornies too.
    We're getting a nice cool breeze today in PA. I'll try to blow some your way!
    Have a great weekend. Enjoy that coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finishes Sharon! I'm sure it feels good to have your kit all done. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sampler. I did alot of those a few years ago, but sadly (stupidly) gave them all away. We have had a break from the humidity for a few days too. Thank goodness!! Today was just about perfect weather.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Sharon!! You got ALOT done. I can hook fast but, cross stitch goes slooow for me.LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon...whenever you want to visit Country Sampler...I'm not that far from them. So...you could kill two birds with one stone! Your stitching is beautiful. And, done! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done. I sure admire your tiny stitches and such a good start for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all beautiful, Sharon! I love Stacy's designs So simple, but they have such a quiet elegance about them. I went to the Country Sampler a few weeks back...AWESOME! If you are ever up this way...it's worth the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sharon you certainly got a lot done - they are beautiful! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon ~
    Beautiful stitching!!! Thank you so much for sharing.
    I, too, am wondering what happened to July. I hope August slows down a bit.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! What a fantastic prim set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pieces, love the finishes.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...