~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Friday, July 9, 2010

A Fun Forty!

Yes... it's true... today is my 40th Birthday!!!! And, thanks to some dear, sweet people in my life... I've been celebrating for two weeks now!!!

The celebrations began mid-June, when Bob surprised me with some cash and took me for a day out to the Sands in PA. We had a super delicious meal at the Carnegie Deli and did some gambling. It was a super fun day! I even ended the day there with some cash left in my pocket!

So, I took that leftover cash (yes, it was burning a hole in my pocket) and had a party (this past Monday) using my 20% off Birthday Club at Colonial Crafts. The goods haven't arrived yet.... but boy oh boy will there be a whole lot of stitchin' going on when it does get here!!!

We also had a super delicious and large meal in Chinatown of Philadelphia last Saturday. That was my official Birthday Bash and it was GREAT! We brought a long a couple of friends with us and shared a meal that I kept referring to as "Thanksgiving In July"!!! Yep... I ate SO much (it was just THAT good) that I not only had to undo the button on my pants for a comfortable ride home... I also did not get hungry again until the next day at dinnertime! Oh YUM!

Yesterday and today's mail brought some beautiful gifts from some great friends! This first picture is from Chris of Mystical Primitives. The needlepunch sheep make-do is a show-stopper! Just love that it is on a glass door knob! I love glass! There is also a little mousie in a prim pumpkin... Autumn is my favorite time of year for weather and for decorating! And some gorgeous wool (which will be hooked in to the current rug I'm working on), a notepad and a wonderfully scented Pumpkin Spice candle... 

This next picture is a super cool pillow from Joanne!!!! It's wool hooked directly onto a piece of wool!!! She added some rusty jingly bells and buttons in all the perfect places! It's a pretty big pillow (about 2 ft. by 1 ft.)... and it just screams "Hug Me"!!! Plus, I adore snowmen... and this was sent with perfect timing to keep my thoughts cool during this wicked heatwave we are having! :-) Yep... he'll be sitting in my living room for the remainder of Summer, all through fall and on into Winter... he just makes me smile every time I look at him!

I've also received cards with Birthday wishes and some pretty funny emails!!! All in all it was the bestest Birthday I've had in 40 years!!! LOL!

I'd like to end this post by thanking everyone that helped me to celebrate the day! You have no idea how much your humor, talent and generosity mean to me!

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHARON!!!
    Oh, WOW! Dinner in Chinatown! That's my kind of Birthday Celebration!
    And all those nice gifts!!! You done good, girl!
    Jeez, you're the same age as my son. hehe!
    He just had the BIG Four O this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had fun. I love that you stretched out the celebration. A tradition I can relate with. I celebrated my 44th this year over a week.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat must have been just a baby when she had her son!

    Sharon - so happy you are having the bestest birthday ever - keep celebrating all month long!

    Wish I could have delivered Mr. Cool in person but it was too hot - LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Love your wonderful gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon ~
    HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a fun time you've had and such great gifts.
    I vaguely remember forty.....
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohmygosh...how did I miss this? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sharon! Wow...the big 4-0? I, too, vaguely remember that age. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry Sharon, I missed wishing you a happy 40th Birthday on your birthday.Sounds like you had a great birthday though and lots of wonderful surprises. Happy, Happy Belated Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The needlepunch sheep is to die for! I luv it, where did you get it? If it was mail order I'd love to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the Needle punch sheep! To die for! Can you send me the link for Mystical Primitives I'd love to get one! CoonHollowFarm@aol.com Thanks, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...