~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

100 Degree Wool


Yep... we are in the middle of a heat wave here in Central Jersey. Today's temperature reached 100 degrees and the heat index was 105. I'm thinking about the 2 feet of snow I was complaining about back in January! LOL! 

Anyways, not much you can do outside... we also have a "air quality alert" here... meaning the levels of ozone are at unhealthy levels and could cause breathing problems... ask me again why I still live here?

As I was saying... since it is safer to be indoors in the air conditioning here, I am downstairs in my hooking room pulling loops on my rug... I've gotten a little further, though not a whole bunch... because for about a week we had the most perfectly gorgeous (sunny, breezy, 70 degree temps with low humidity) weather... and that's the kind of weather you HAVE to get outside and enjoy... knowing full well that it wouldn't last long! :-)

Thanks for taking the time to check in here... stay cool!

10 comments:

  1. The hooking is looking lovely! Ya know, maybe it will help the temps too to think of the nice Autumn weather as you hook those leaves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Looks like there are quite a few of us who are too hot to move anything but our hooking hand!
    Snow is looking pretty good right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your leaves are coming right along! Enjoy the time hooking today before you know it those Autumn days will be here once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your leaves are looking great! How big is that rug? It's a long one, isn't it? I'm not sure I could handle all those leaves. Keep hooking!
    I know it's hot, but I'll take it over snow ANY day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a day like that yesturday - so hot and humid I thought I was wilting! (Since I'm such a flower....hahahaha) Today was better but Thurs and Fri forecast is sounding heat-wavish!
    Nice to see some more of your rug.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just too darned HOT!! We're in the 90's so it's a little cooler here LOL!
    Your rug looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is way to hot too hook, way to hot to move, lol.
    I went out for a bit, but just getting in and out of the car was too much;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're getting a lot done on your rug! I was on Long Island last week and enjoyed the perfect weather too - glad we left there before the big heat arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that huge rug and hooking in this heat - 100 degrees is right - we are melting here too! Love your rug

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how your rug is looking! HOT and HUMID here, but it'll get better. I hope!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...