~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Monday, June 14, 2010

Shoppin' and Stitchin'

When I need a dose of "normalcy", I head out to Pennsylvania! So, last Friday, I hopped in my car and headed out to Kutztown, PA to meet up with Joanne. Destination...Renninger's Antique and Farmer's Market. Spent a lot of time eating, browsing, and shopping. My favorite place to visit is right when you walk in there... Sharon Renninger's Gatherings... Ahhhhh... so prim and dreamy! Click on the link and check out what her Spring Open House looked like! Lots of beautiful and perfectly prim handmades!

On the way back from Renninger's I stopped for some chocolate and ice cream... if you are ever in the area and NEED the best ice cream ever made... stop at Premise Maid... enter the Ice Creamery and order a single scoop of "Triple Chocolate Sin" ice cream... OMG! It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on! LOL! Really... *grin*

The weekend was hot and humid here in Jersey, so a lot of time was spent indoors in the air conditioning. I finally managed to finish up the cross stitch I was working on. I finished it into a flat pillow that is approximately 6" x 10". The back is a complimentary red cotton fabric.


Love and Be Loved
A Brenda Gervais design available at Country Stitches

I also stitched up a couple of smalls... but I can't share pics yet... I'll explain in the next post. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by! 

7 comments:

  1. "Triple Choolate Sin".......OMG sounds so good. But why only get a single scoop? LOL I'm pretty sure I might have gone for a double!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmy...that stitchery is beautiful! I love cherubs...and those are nice pink innocent ones! {grin} Great work, Sharon! Ice cream...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitchery is beautiful, her designs are wonderful to work with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little pillow..takes a lot of time and patience and Chocolate always helps me work better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching Sharon! I'm at a loss though, only ONE scoop? You feeling ok? Feverish? Heat stroke? lol. It must be very very rich for you to have only one scoop :) Sounds delicious, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate and Renninger's - It doesn't get any better!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...