~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pin cushion

While wandering around Michael's craft store last December... I spied these cute little tin gardening tools. They had watering cans, pitchers and tubs. I thought they were the right size to make some ornaments for the tree... but, then we never got around to putting up a full sized tree for Christmas. 

Now, with Spring right around the corner. And gardening and flowers constantly in my thoughts... can't forget about stitching either... this morning's project was to make pin cushions out of these little gardening tools. Added some paper flowers I made, just to make it all the more Spring! I have a few more I made up, and hope to get them in my Etsy shop in the next day or two.


I did create another little something... needs a little bit of tweaking though... perhaps the next day or so might bring the ideas I need for the finishing touches...

Sunshine smiles to ya'! :-)


8 comments:

  1. Sharon, your watering cans are too cute! Very creative :). I can't wait for the rain to get here, and go away, so the good weather can come and stay!! Hard to believe that we change the clocks this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute..I did the same thing today with some little Rusty Tin Watering Cans and tied them on some bags of gardening soap...go to my blog and you can view them and also some more Easter Soap I made today.
    I am planning on having a give away in my blog tonight or tomorrow and still trying to decide what to give away...maybe some of the gardening soap Hmmm...It is getting close to that time of year when we are all just itching to get out and work in our gardens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sharon the watering can pin cushion is so cute and clever! Can't wait to see what else you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    Love the little watering can! Guess I should get out and shop more often to find the cute stuff.
    I need to check your Etsy shop to see what other goodies you have available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea, Sharon. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fun idea, love it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sing with me...."the sun will come out tomorrow..."...Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...