~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Midnight Silhouette Progress

The next few postings are going to be progress pics on my Midnight Silhouette hooked rug! Since I missed my Halloween deadline... I'm promising myself a Thanksgiving finish! Yah... what a turkey I am, right? LOL! 

As you may remember, I had two options... one was to purchase an already drawn out rug hooking pattern on linen... and the other was to purchase the Blackbird Designs quilt pattern... And, that I decided to purchase the quilt pattern? *giggle* As quilters will know, quilt patterns come with elements drawn out that need to be pieced together.

I was familiar with this process as I have done plenty of penny rugs/wool applique pieces. But now to bring the cat, leaves, berries, fence and moon into a rug design? Let's take a deep breath and pull out that red dot tracer and a pencil and see where I can go with this! *grin*


After I laid out the elements on the red dot (in pencil), I then secured the red dot to my linen with quilters pins to help prevent any shifting during the transfer process. Then it was time to pull out the Sharpee permanent marker and carefully trace over the pencil lines on the red dot, so the marker ink would bleed into the backing. *deep breath* There's something about the word permanent that just scares me to death! LOL!


Then, I was ready to color plan... this is the part that I always think and think and think and think about... to the point that I felt I was never going to actually start hooking for fear of choosing the wrong color?!?!? *sigh* So, I picked a strip of wool and just started pulling loops! Had quite a bit of fun doing that actually! Had even more fun pulling out what wasn't "workin' for me" and then rehooking another color in there! Yes, it's a process... but it's FUN! 

So here's the first sneak peak preview...

Be sure and check back in a couple of days for more progress... *smile*

9 comments:

  1. Look at you go Sharon. Great that you are taking us with you as you go from from start to finish :) Colors are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooooohhhh, you are such a tease! Wow, just that little bit looks great! Can't wait to see more~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors! It's so exciting to start a new hooking project! Can't wait to see your progress....Thank-you for sharing! CathyG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color choices so far, Sharon. Can't wait to see what is next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin the first peek! What a great job you did explaining how to mark a pattern with red dot! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great so far, can't wait to see it all.
    Your hooking is so neat, I am a packer.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good Sharon! Can't wait to see more!!

    Lori R

    ReplyDelete
  8. How enticing! Can't wait to see more Sharon. Maria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...