~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Brandywine Hook-In!!!!

After 5 years of hooking rugs, this was the FIRST official hook-in I was lucky enough to attend... and it really was worth the wait! So many great people, gorgeous rugs on display, gorgeous rugs being hooked... then there were vendors with awesome WOOL and great patterns, handmade baskets and bowls, hooks, backings and some cute novelties.... so much talent packed into one room... it was totally DREAMY! I sat at a table with Joanne, Kathy, Linda and Sherry... we also had a visit from Pam and her friend Peachie... I will let the following pictures show the day... maybe add in a word or two here and there...




The next 6 pics look like real old antiques, don't they? Nope... recently hooked... amazing, right?





And then I did some shopping...
I did buy one more VERY LARGE rug pattern... but, since that will be my next hooking project... I'll save the reveal as progress is made...

Check in during the week... as I will have some pics to share of "Midnight Silhouette"

Have a cozy autumn evening enjoying what you love!

5 comments:

  1. Yes they do look like early rugs. Great pics....love seeing all the rugs. So nice you are all so close that you can meet up at the hook in! Thanks for sharing such great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to go!!! It's the best! Love seeing what you bought. Can't believe you're going to make us wait for the big one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sharon, you took more pic's than me. I usually take a lot. I haven't even gotten them off my camera and onto the computer yet. Am hoping to update my blog sometime soon. I'm just being lazy (tired for sure), but lazy putting forth the effort. Thanks for sharing. Hope you post soon so we can seeeee what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first visit. I love anything made from wool. These rugs are so inspiring. I need to get to work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, Pam told me about meeting you and the other women and how much she enjoyed you! And, bless her heart, she brought me some wools from the hook in. Your pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing!
    Ann~MD, Sairy Hill Thicket

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...