~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1st

Although not the official beginning of Autumn... it is for me! I've been spending lots of time and energy getting my home ready for celebrating my favorite time of year. Ya' know... it's starts with the boring stuff like cleaning windows, blind and curtains and lemon oiling the wood furniture, sparkling up all the glass items that I've collected over the years... Then comes the fun stuff of pulling out the garlands with their autumn leaves and acorns, pumpkins, apples, Halloween cross stitches and pinkeeps and samplers... boxes covered in earthy, warm and worn tones... Oh yah... I've been stitching up a storm in the evenings... Plenty of pics to follow in the days ahead!

The floss has been flowing through the needlepunch too!!! I painted some... then drew up some... then starting punching... wait a minute... can't tell you much about that really... when these pieces are finished they will be traveling to a few homes around the states... ;-)

What I CAN and WILL tell you about is this wonderful hand made in Ohio treasure I found!!!!



Yah... every morning, I sit with my cup of coffee and read blogs... I like to get inspired by reading about how people are using their time... Well, I hafta say that Ann from 1803 Ohio Farm Baskets is using her time fabulously!!! I spied this basket on her blog and decided right at that moment (6:00am, I think?) that I absolutely, positively HAD TO HAVE this in my home! The blue and brown stains, the weave of the reeds, the luscious leather handle... Yup! HAD to get that email off to Ann as fast as I could! And within a couple days it arrived at my doorstep... even more beautiful than it looked in the picture!!! I have it in my living room now awaiting some cornstalks and gourds and pumpkins... but decided I had to share a picture of it with everyone right now! LOL! Seriously, every time I look at I smile... and I admire it quite a few times each day! Thanks so much Ann!

This coming weekend is Labor Day weekend... kinda makes me want to run out and buy some school supplies!!! LOL!

Have a GREAT week! And, take the time to do at least ONE thing each day that makes your heart smile! You won't regret it! :-)

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful basket. Isn't it wonderful to have something handmade by another artisan. We know the love and workmanship that goes into them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful basket! :) I would smile everytime I saw it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon - I saw that on Ann's blog too and wanted the red one! LOL! It's absolutely beuatiful - Can't wait to see the pics of your recent projects. You must be busy - you've been "quiet" lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basket envy here. Bad, bad case of basket envy. Love that chairside basket too. Is it too early to make a Christmas wish list?

    Merrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit to your blog and it is great. I feel a kinship already, since you are Moosecraft and I am The Rugged Moose - some kind of connection there, I'm sure.

    The basket is beautiful. But to read your celebration of fall versus mourning the end of summer is wonderful and a bit inspiring. I will also dig out my fall stuff and get it ready. I hope we have a few glorious weekends left, but I'll be ready thanks to you.

    This past long weekend was definitely a treat!

    Wendie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...