~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Whoooooo's So Ready for Autumn?

ME! That's one thing that is frightfully certain! As much as I LOVE the extended daylight hours, flowers and veggies in the garden, and warm sun on my skin... I hafta it's way too sticky HOT right now!!!! LOL! I spent the last few days out in the yard weeding, trimming, pruning flowers and hedges, and even power washing the house. Ugh! I was a soggy, droopy site by sundown each day. BUT, I will say that I am totally feeling energized by the fact that it all got accomplished and now things are looking pretty neat around here! *smile*

In the evenings, I managed to fit in some stitching time! It was a real pleasure whipping up this little guy called "It's A Hoot"! Created from a pattern by Brenda Gervais of Country Stitches, little hootie helped to cool me down a little each day! Every little stitch brought thoughts of cool air, crisp blue skies, pumpkins, apples and the beautiful colors of autumn leaves swirling in the wind! Ahhhhh... I can feel it now! *goosebumps*

So without further delay, I'd like to introduce Little Hootie!



I have him perched on top of some sweet annie right smack dab in the middle of my cupboard! He waves and winks to everyone that walks by him... such a cute little bugger... thanks Brenda, for a fun pattern!

I have plenty of autumn cross stitches to work up... but right now, I think I had better get my tale into the hooking room!!!! Ya'll know why... *wink*

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute - great job! Brenda's patterns all appeal to me - they are just so simple and sweet. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon my dear, you are doing a great job blogging! Love your little hooty owl and the rug and the slide show!! Oh my, lots of fun to see. Lori R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that owl. I have been looking at owls, love the prim ones and this one is neat with the stitchery. Brenda makes wonderful patterns.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hooty owl is so cool! You did a great job on him! Me ready for autumn? No - I like feeling like a big lumpy dishrag - don't you? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, the owl is adorable. You did a wonderful job!! Love Brenda's pieces... I"m seeing more and more mums at the grocery stores now. I can say I'm ready for Fall now. Wasn't a few weeks ago. Took me a while to get into the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT owl! He is just so very handsome! :)

    Smiles,

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...